Random BSODs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalX

I have been getting seemingly random BSODs and deep freezes lately. They are not totally random, i.e. they happen after starting or exiting programs, but not always. Only sometimes. I might run a program and get a deep freeze, and then upon reboot, running the same program again does nothing. Can anyone tell me what is going on? Thanks. Following is my minidump.

Your minidump crashes at ntkrnlpa.exe and references verclsid.exe as the owning process.

The verclsid.exe file is known to cause problems and could be the cause of your problems too.

See HERE and HERE for more info.

Obviously, it`s difficult to be sure from just one minidump, but it is a known issue and therefore is worthy of further investigation.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks howard. I'll look into those posts you linked :)

EDIT: I looked at them, and the registry entry that I am supposed to enter already exists.

After reinstalling windows because of my new motherboard, everything ran just fine for 24 hours. But then I started getting all sorts of BSODs for absolutely no reason. I wasn't running any programs or anything, and they just happened. I tried relaxing my memory timings to really, very stupidly relaxed (3,5,5,12) @DDR333 and that seems to have solved the problem because it's not BSODing anymore, but I wonder if there is something I need to add or remove from my computer so I can put my RAM timings back. Anyone know what's going on here? Is a program causing this, or is my RAM just crap?

Your minidumps crash with various culprits, but reference NVTcp.sys quite a lot. This is the Nvidia lan driver. A Google search reveals this is a known issue. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your mobo and see if that helps. Do a search for NVTcp.sys and you`ll see what I mean.

Regards Howard :)

Ok, thanks alot howard. I have been noticing more and more that it crashes due to clicking on internet links, and opening programs like MSN messenger. I will see what I can do about those drivers.

Thank you howard! That seems to have fixed it! TYVM, I spent like $500 on new parts and I didn't want to have to deal with BSODs too...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back