Random BSODs

Status
Not open for further replies.

crash013

I've been getting BSODs for about the past month now. I'm not entirely sure whats causing it as it happens randomly (sometimes I'm watching a video, playing a game, or even when its idle at desktop). I've ran memtest86+ for about 12 hours with no errors and the Western Digital Lifeguard diagnostic says that my hard drive passes the S.M.A.R.T test.

Anyhow here are some of the stop codes I've gotten:
0x000000D1
0x0000008E
0x00000077

Dump files are attached.

i looked at http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm to get an idea of the root cause of these BSODs, and i've found that the one that's in every single stop error cause is faulty/mismatched/corrupted RAM.

if i were you, i might run a MemTest. if you find any errors, we've found your problem. you can also snoop around on that website for more details and figuring out what each error means. and maybe even how to fix it.

Well I ran memtest86+ for almost 12 hours and it didn't come up with anything. By the way, I'm using Windows XP.

well then check the other things that are listed as causes. namely drivers, the page file, and run a chkdsk to make sure that your hard drive isn't screwing up.

pls check ur ram with the mobo manual...it gives u the detail info regarding correct memory modules.......check that ur ram is stated in the manual.....maybe it's not faulty

I've done all that but I still get the BSOD's. And my ram works with my motherboard. Maybe someone can take a look at my dumps to see what's causing it?

Three of the dumps have the error listed below. Have you run chkdsk /r? From what I can find out 0xC0000102 means you have a corrupt file system.

BugCheck 77, {c0000102, c0000102, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiMakeOutswappedPageResident+4f5 )

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000102 - {Corrupt File} The file or directory %hs is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility.

Alright this really sucks. I just reformatted and I'm getting the BSOD's again. I have no clue whats causing it. Here are the new dumps. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me what they say.

Your windows is crashed with Bugcheck 9C and this is hardware error. For your case, the bugcheck code 4 is 70f0f and it means generic connection time out problem and no known solution for this issue. Some case is related to TV card, video card and ram. You can google use the keyword 00070f0f.

Mini122907-01.dmp BugCheck 9C, {4, 8054d5f0, b2000000, 70f0f}
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

The problem maybe related to the video card driver or video card. When did your windows started to blue screen problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back