Random Computer Freezes, need your thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo420

OK so this has been going on for a couple of days now and it is really starting to irritate me and I though I would see what everyone thought because I am not sure where to go from here

on Wednesday I was bored at work and I though that I would VNC into my computer here at home to do some work on my website. Well I couldn't get in, which was wierd because my website (which I host at home) was still up so I know that it wasn't my DSL line being down or something like that. Anyway when I get home from work I find that my computer is locked up and won't come out of the screensaver/Monitor being off. So I hit the reset buttong. Right after the Post Beep it start beeping like crazy. Didn't sound like a Beep code just alternating between high and low beeps. So I held the power buttong in to get it to shut down and left it there for a little bit. Since I had just put a DVI to VGA adaptor on the day before since I am wanting to start running a dual monitor set up. The second monitor isn't hooked up yet so I plugged my monitor back into the VGA Port and rebooted. On the Windows splash screen there was a lot of weird looking sutff. Things were just out of place and the little "knight rider" like bar was all messed up. So when it did get back to the desktop I went and did a Video card driver update thinking what the hell. After that it booted fine and I put it back on the DVI head still everything is good.

That was Wednesday on Thursday as I was heading to bed I notice that my monitor hadn't shut off after me being away from the computer for a while and I know that it shouldn't have been on anymore. Also the screen saver was froze. Moved the mouse and it didn't come back. So I hit the reset switch and it comes back to normal and boots fine. Do day when I wake up and check my email for the first time it was fine no problems. Leave to do some stuff for a while come back and the screen saver is froze again. Reset comes back fine. So then use the computer off and on for the rest of the day. Go out to dinner come back to see tha the screen saver is froze on the screen again. Hit the reset switch and get the alternating tones agian. Shut it down and pop my memory test CD in there which is passes.

When I boot back to Windows I go to see if there are any minidumps but there aren't any. The only think I can think of now is I just got something funny going on with Windows, although I don't have any minidumps. Or there is something wrong with the my Video Cards DVI head.

Thoughts?

Specs:
P4 2.8e
128MB 9600XT
Intel 865G Chipset
Ran Virus and spyware scans all comes back normal

I did that. Sorry should have been more clear but that was the memory test CD that I was referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back