Not open for further replies.

F1N3ST

Well I upgraded from
7800gt and IB9
to
X1900xtx and IB9
then
X1900XtX and ECS 650i

No problems with the 7800gt and IB9, no problems with X1900XTX and IB9, then I went and installed a water cooler on my X1900XTX and my new mobo at the same time, problems.

Boot into vista, didnt work, reinstalled vista, severe problems, install WindowsXP MCE 2005, seems stable EXCEPT, I will be just doing something and my screen will flash and say no signal detected, then it comes back on fine. It did this in Vista and said in the lower right that display driver has stopped functioning and has recovered.

Also I will just be web browsing, and it freezes, then I reboot and its fine.

Could this be a conflict between the nVidia mobo, and ATI video card?
Or is my mobo messed up?
OR did some arctic silver 5 run off the GPU and mess with those things around the core (Unlikely)
OR could it be the fact I have no VRAM cooling (Some is in the mail)
It is not overheating, 43c idle, 63c full load at 700mhz core.

E6300 @ 2625mhz
4x1GB DDR2-800 at DDR2-900
ATI X1900XTX
ECS 650i

Also the mobo only does x8 PCI-e maybe thats it?

Tried with one memory stick, no dice.
Underclocked VRAM, no help, im mad lol.
Tried stock CPU speed, and stock RAM speed with loose timings.

It happened again, got a single short beep whatever that is, also I have 2 minidumps

Both your minidumps crash at ati2dvag.dll, which is your video card driver. They both have a bugcheck of EA.

0x000000EA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

Regards Howard :)

Thanks, so what would you reccomend I do, I =have tried 7.9, 7.9.1 (hotfix), and Omega 7.9.1, should I try like 7.8 catalyst.

I did some googleing, and it seems that some guy fixed it with catalyst 6.2's.

Ill update in a minute.

Played for about half hour, then it crashed, but I can excuse this because I didnt have my VRAM clocks down because they arent cooled currently.

Well, crashed again, took out card, core is NOT cracked which was a possibility, and I cleaned the core area and applied AS5.

Also I switched the PCI-e slot, maybe that will fix it.

Here-

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/3620/vpurecag8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back