Random Crashes/BSOD - Help! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

When gaming or sometimes idling, my computer just resets and an error report comes up after it reboots when I log in. I've searched high and low on the net for info re this stop message....

Error code 100000d1, parameter1 00000000, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 89a78072.

Some or any assistance on what the issue is would be great! I've included a minidump as it looks way too complicated for me!

Thanks!

Specs...

Windows XP Pro SP2
AMD 64 3200
ATI X1900XTX 512MB
2GB KINGSTON PC3200 RAM
ANTEC TrueBlue 480watt P/S
ASUS A8N-SLI SE M/board

Check your temps and voltages. make sure nothing is getting to hot or your PSU isn't just giving up. I don't know how many amps that graphics card requires but make sure your powersupply is capable of handling it.

Have you looked at the minidump or just sorta guessing? Sorry but I just want to rule it out or not as the cause.

The card sits about 45-52 celcius and the cpu ranges from about 40-55 celcius... I have the side panel off on hot days as the x1900xtx really gets up and roars sometimes! :) If anyone could reccommend a different cooler suitable thats extremely quiet I would appreciate it! :)

The dump's crashed at glauiad.sys, which looks to be a modem driver. It's old, so look for an update.

BugCheck 100000D1, {0, 2, 0, 89a78072}
Probably caused by : glauiad.sys ( glauiad+190b )

b765b000 b76618e0 glauiad glauiad.sys Fri Oct 11 23:27:43 2002 (3DA6EDEF)

Well after googling that file, and looking at my D-Link DSL 302g Driver which was the current driver I'm stumped... Should I buy a new modem? I actually had huge issues with the internet not working in Vista and I eventually gave up and put XP back on. Ethernet wouldn't work either. Both USB/Ethernet Connections would give me an IP address from my ISP but wouldn't show any pages up.

Are there any DSL/DSL2/DSL2+ modems that are Vista ready people can recommend? I'll play another round or so on bf2 tonight, if it crashed I'll post another dump or 2 up just to make sure that is what caused the resets.

Thanks heaps peterdiva, your a champ.

Regards - Daniel

Daniel,
Vista is a new Operating System. If you can remember when XP was first released, it had many hardware incompatibilities too. I am going to wait a bit, maybe after the first Vista Service Pack is released, to install Vista on my system. I may build a "Test" system to try Vista on... Have you heard of the Vista Upgrade Tool? You might try running it and believe what it tells you, at least for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back