Random crashes - please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirei Blossom

I have Windows XP Home edition and my computer started randomly restarting, after which it seems to be fine so far, but I think it might crash again. I looked in the Event manager and there are a few errors called Save Dump, which I'm posting here.

Could someone please help me pinpoint what the problem is?

Test ram, check for overheating, junk inside case (especially on cpu heatsink. Any new software additions? Do you maintain your hardisk with regular defrags and both error checks that hard drive "tools" has available? Do you run regular virus and spyware scans? Have you "seen" this happen to know exactly the chain of events? Try rebooting in "safe mode" run it awhile then reboot in normal mode. Good Luck.

I checked everything and all seems to be fine so far. I was just browsing the internet, and I closed one IE window, and suddenly the computer started restarting. Restarted normally. Everything seemed in order, but in Event Manager, there were a few "information" records marked "Save Dump." which said that the computer had just recovered from a bugcheck. I thought I should ask on here whether they could find anything in my minidump records.

So any idea what exactly happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back