Random Crashing - BCCode : 1000000a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ckorban

Hey guys,
My windows XP pro installation has been getting kind of buggy lately and i decided to get to fixing it... the biggest problem that i've been getting mainly is these random restarts... IIRC, its only been happening when i'm RDC'd into the machine but that could be because I dont use it much locally.. Hopefully someone could guide me in the right way.. It used to run smoothly for approx a year, and this started recently, could the ram be the problem?

BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : 7B8785A8 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 80514721 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

I didnt know that the minidump deletes after hitting ok on the "serious error" notificiation, so i didnt grab it in time.. I'll post a minidump as soon as it crashes again, for now maybe the BC's help any?

Any help would greatly be appreciated...
Thanks,
Chris

Download and run the very latest HiJack This, and post it on this forum for the experts to examine.
Check your system for heat, dust, hair, issues. Check your drivers in Device Manager.

Thanks raybay:
I've attached my HijackThis log file.. On my way home, i'm going to get a couple cans of compressed air and blow the whole thing.. I doubt heat is an issue since during the summer here in texas (hot) it was fine and nowadays its crazy cold

hmm, there is an "Unknown Device" under "Other devices" in my device manager...
It says location is on Intel(R) ICH8DH LPC Interface Controller - 2812
The "Device Instance Id" is ACPI\AWY0001\4&12686F5B&0

Any ideas?

Hi Ckorban

This is an old thread but I hope you're still around.

I'm new around here - it looks like a good place to get the sort of help I need.

I notice you have exactly the same unknown device I've got (ACPI\AWY0001\4&12686F5B&0). I have an Intel motherboard DG965WH I'm running windows Home Server on.

Did you ever find out what that was? I'd really like to find a driver for it.

Usually onboard or sound card or tuner card.

A reinstall of related drivers usually fixes this.

You can also learn more by searching for

ACPI
AWY001
and
4&12686F5B&0

But if everything is working right, ignore it.

This is not a common problem, and usually refers to only on Intel motherboard Intel DG965, and closely related Intel boards. If not needed, remove or disable in Device Manager.

hey, I never really found out about the device but my problem was bad ram. Moreover, a couple months later my hard drive failed but I am not sure it had anything to do with that. Good luck, this forum is awesome.

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

Raybay - thanks for the leads. I'll have a another search. Did you mean "onboard graphics" there? I haven't installed the graphics driver - maybe that's it? I'll give it a go.

The reason I'm trying to run this down is because I get "hibernate" but not "sleep" in power options, but I'm running a Windows Home Server add-in (Lights Out) which can put the server into sleep if it will support it. I figure my device/driver issue might be blocking sleep...

I've made good progress. I installed the driver for the onboard graphics (a story in itself because Windows Home Server (WHS) wouldn't install it) and now I've got sleep in the power options again :)

In the meantime the ACPI/AWY001... device still has no driver but doesn't seem to be a problem. From what I can make out it's a device needed for Away mode to work - not relevant for me and WHS.

Thanks again.

I have a similar problem, just posting to help somebody.

Windows XP Media Center
Compaq Presario SR1917CL
ASUS/NVIDIA chipset MB (AMD CPU)

"Unknown device" with yellow question mark is listed in device manager. Driver details in properties are described like "ACPI\AWY001\........"

Windows update will not find the driver, installation of chipset drivers from HP/Compaq/Nvidia does not automatically install the driver.

The driver is actually in the chipset driver package it just doesn't get installed. Extract it (ie "15.24_nforce_winxp32_international_whql.exe") and there will be a sub folder called "Awy". You can manually install the driver by right clicking and selecting "update driver", browse to that "Awy" folder and install. Now the unknown device shows as "NVIDIA AwayMode" under System Devices.

Intel/other motherboards may be a little different but I'm guessing it's about the same solution.

Acpi\awy0001\4&12686f5b&0

Thanks raybay:
I've attached my HijackThis log file.. On my way home, i'm going to get a couple cans of compressed air and blow the whole thing.. I doubt heat is an issue since during the summer here in texas (hot) it was fine and nowadays its crazy cold

hmm, there is an "Unknown Device" under "Other devices" in my device manager...
It says location is on Intel(R) ICH8DH LPC Interface Controller - 2812
The "Device Instance Id" is ACPI\AWY0001\4&12686F5B&0

Any ideas?

This is the Intel® Quick Resume Technology Driver , I will post it for you here
hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/221076185/Intel_R__Quick_Resume_Technology.rar.html ( replace de xx by tt )

Acpi\awy0001\4&12686f5b&0

This is the Intel® Quick Resume Technology Driver
, I will post it for you here

hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/221076185/Intel_R__Quick_Resume_Technology.rar.html ( replace de xx by tt )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back