Random IE popups and trojan downloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I've recently been getting random IE advert popups (when I'm not even using IE), and every so often I will get a flood of trojans, adware, spyware, etc being downloaded and attempting to install on my computer. Luckily my antivirus and firewall (NOD32 and Outpost) seem to stop them for the most part. I have performed an in depth scan of my system with NOD32, and AVG. I have scanned using Adaware, AVG Anti-spyware and Spybot. I have looked through my startup settings and hijack this results, but I cannot find the culprit anywhere. I have attached my hijack this log. I would appreciate if anybody could give me some insight as to what the problem could be. When scanning my disks, all definition files for the related scanners were up to date.

In a possibly unrelated, but hopefully related issue, my computer has been turning itself off recently. It is a brand new notebook, so I hope it isn't an overheating problem. The monitor switches off and then about a second later all other devices are turned off (like a controlled low level shutdown or something). Anyway, this has happened about 4 times, all within the last week. The first and second times were whilst I was running AVG scans in safe mode.

Any help with these matters would be appreciated cheers.

Additionally, I've discovered that for some reason firefox will not show the open/save dialogue box for me (e.g. when I go to save a file). For this reason, instead of attaching my hjt log, I've pasted it below:

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your thread to the correct forum.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of evadevad99 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back