Random Internet disconnections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...Thank you for being here... I'm lost and totally confused here...

For some odd reason my internet connection likes to just 'disconnect' (until I reboot that is)

I've got cable internet, the modem is fine seems to be fine. (meaning that if I reset the modem and not the computer, nothing changes.)

I've run Spybot S&D, Ad-aware, Avast anti-virus, Kasper's anti-virus, Prevx1 and a couple of others and I got rid of the little virus that was hanging everything up...(had the win31:skx, it's gone now)

Now, Mozilla Firefox is being a pain. It wasn't a pain until I upgraded from 1.5 to 2.0.0 then to 2.0.0.1...I'm back to the 2.0.0.0. Now I have to open Firefox twice..the first time it hangs up....then I close it down and reopen..and it works.

Also... The internet just stops responding. No specific period of time, not doing anything special, the sites just stop being found, until I reboot my system. After I reboot, everything is ok. (Until next time..it happens at least once an hour but sometimes..not often, I can go a little longer.

Here's one, I just had to reboot the system in the time it took to write this... I cut and pasted the info and saved it to a text so I wouldn't have to rewrite it.

Anways...here's my hjt log....something I am NOT too familiar with, althought I do know my way around the computer, I'm no programmer and a lot of the lingo is 'Greek' to me.

Does anyone see anything wrong with this log or is there a setting that got messed with that 'limits' the internet time?

Help

Thank you

Doug

These are screen shots of my task manager...

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    5.7 KB · Views: 6
you have some problems in your hjt. go to this link https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/. its worth printing off the instructions, it makes them easier to follow this way. you also need to change the name of hijack this, eg, hjt analyser 1991, the reason for this is that there are now nasties that can hide from it under its existing name. its also seems that you have more than one AV programme running. that will slow your pc pick a good one, but not norton, its rubbish. post afresh hjt after completing the instruction. you may get internet connections back during the clean up, but still post your hjt

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I can see nothing particularly nasty in your HJT log.

However, as tomrca quite rightly points out, you need to rename HijackThis.exe as per the instructions in this thread HERE. Once you`ve done that, please post a fresh HJT log.

You`re also running a completely unpatched version of Windows. I.E you have no service packs installed, this is a huge security risk and needs to be addressed. Click start/All programmes/Windows updates and install at least service pack 1 and preferably service pack 2.

It also appears, you`re not running any firewall software. This could be because you are using the Windows firewall. I suggest you install one of the free Firewall programmes in this thread HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of PocketChalker only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back