Random monitor failure question, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. My computer was working fine yesterday, and this morning when i went to use it, the screen was frozen. I turned off the computer, and when i tried to turn it back on, the monitor displayed only a no signal sign.

I tried a different graphics card, cord, and adapter, and all did NOT solve the problem.

I tried the monitor on a different computer with the SAME computer attachment cord and power cord, and it DID work.

I tried a different power outlet, and it did NOT work.

The machine is clean and less than a year old. Other than angering me, the only problem i can think of is that the slot (the only slot the motherboard has for a G-Card as far as i can see) is broken.

The computer DOES turn on with the usual beeps and fans etc...just no signal.

The last thing i'd like to mention is that the computer's clock was always wrong, and despite setting it correctly, time zone etc, it screwed up again. I'm not sure if that is relevant, or indicative of a battery problem or overclock problem, but the simplest terms would help.

Any help would be wonderful, thanks!

The CMOS battery holds the clock settings
It's usually a small flat round battery clipped (easily removable) on the internal motherboard.

The concern is, that when the cmos battery goes, all settings go ie clock and possibly display settings
Therefore you may need this battery replaced to avoid re-accuring faults.

For the moment, pull out the power cord fully from the back
Hold the power button in for 30 secs (releasing any internal voltage)
Let go of the button !
Plug the power cord, securely, back in
Turn the computer back on

Reply back

Hi, great to hear from you.

We just tried that, and i didn't notice any voltage release, but after 30 (probably 40) seconds, reconnecting the cord, and trying again, nothing new happened.

Grrr!

That's upsetting, I really thought it would be a good cadidate for that.

The computer video that you are plugging into, is that plugging into a addon video card.
How to tell:
If it's an addon video card:
The video plug will be in the area of those horizontal plates
There may be another onboard video plug (if so try that one)

The only option for 1X Video plug, not reponding, is to open the case and check for loose connections
Warnings:
Power out (again)
And you really should refer to the Users Manual

Please reply back with any extra info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back