Random pop ups givng me viruses in my cookies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, im not an expert at these things.

i got a virus (virusprotectproV3.1) and i managed to delete all the files 'spyhunter' managed to find, i also deleted a fake 'security alert' thingy in my taskbar(thanks to a thread on here).

BUT

i still get random pop ups that leave spyware/viruses/malware in my cookies, i delete these and there are no more traces, but soon after i get more random pop ups that leave me more... this is seriously buggen me and i would like to know whats making these pop ups and how to delete it.

thanks greatly
FlipPy

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of FlipPy only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

finally got there

hey, i read your reply and decided to clean, i finally did it all and ye, ill give you the logs.

the AVG antirootkit scan came up with nothing, and im not sure but there were no more pop ups when i got to around step 8 even though the last scans in safe boot mode came up with a couple things.

View attachment 21986

View attachment 21987

View attachment 21988

oh and one more question, now that iv done all this, can i delete some of the anti-virus, spyware, malware programmes cause they really slowed down my computer on start up

thanks for your help :)
FlipPy

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O9 - Extra button: Run IMVU - {d9288080-1baa-4bc4-9cf8-a92d743db949} - C:\Documents and Settings\Raelene\Start Menu\Programs\IMVU\Run IMVU.lnk (file missing)

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c001C812.dat

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c001C812.dat

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of FlipPy only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Your HJT log is now clean.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

cheers

cheers for all this, saved me alot of time n money :)

umm, iv still got

AVG 7.5
AVG anti spyware
highjackthis
spybot search (SS&D)
Ad aware
Ad Watch
CCleaner
AVG antirootkit
Combofix
Zone Alarm

which ones should i keep and which ones can i delete cause i think having all these on are slowong my computer down.

Keep AVG7.5/SS&D/AD-Aware/Ccleaner

Get rid of AVG Antispyware/Combofix/AVG Antirootkit/HJT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back