random popups & spyware applications installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunger_force

About three days ago I was on my pc when all of the sudden a mass wave of pop ups crowded my desktop. I did not have an internet window open, and the wierd things was, when I exited all of the popups three anti spyware programs decided to download themselves on my pc. After closing the anti spyware programs, internet explorer gave me an error message saying soemthing about wether or not I would like to continue running script on this page. I dont use IE so I have no idea why it would give me an error message.

P.S : the anti spyware programs are called "spyfalcon" and "quake spyware". I tried runnning ad-aware se personel and spybot which found the programs but did not delete them. HELP!!

Thank you so much for the walkthrough!! Below is the ewido txt file that the walkthough told me to attach, and would it be a good idea to attach an hjt report as well?

I ran through the steps the guide you gave me one more time. It was ale to get rid of it all without a hitch, spyfalcon is officially gone. BTW how the hell did those programs get on my pc anyway, and Is there any way to prevent it from happening again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back