Random Reboots with BCCode error

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason my computer restarts randomly and it doesn't give me any blue screen errors or anything. I tried figuring out this myself but nothing came to mind. This is what the windows error report gave me.

BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : 0000001C BCP2 : 000000FF BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 804DC9B1 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

What you show are memory dumps resulting from the error. The BCP1, BCP2... etc... relate to errors reported as Broadcast Pulse 1, Broadcast Pulse 2... etc. And usually indicate that you have a hardware error... most likely a bad memory module or incorrect memory module... Such reports can also be generated on some motherboards by defective power supplies, cpu fans, video graphics devices, PCI devices, hard drives, optical drives, and so on. Sometimes these are difficult to diagnose, but changing out a lot of common components with similar devices... or by reduction to a simple system of power supply, floppy drive, one memory module, and video connection.... all other devices disconnected. Then if that works, add additional components one at a time until you reach a point where you again start having failures.
It can be something as simple as a loose cable, so you can start by disconnecting power plug, then unplugging and reseating each cable.

Ok, seems like there is a different error now, this happens when I play a game

BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : 0003656C BCP2 : 0000001C BCP3 : 00000001
BCP4 : 804E250D OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

Is this a cause due to my graphics card?

I would like to know how to run this memory test. I tried mounting the iso image to my daemon tools but nothing happened. I tried using the executable file but it wouldn't work. As for the Linux files it obviously won't work. How do I get this to work?

What happens if there is a memory failure? Do I need a new HD? If that is the case then that would suck. Unless there is another way to fix it without losing the information I have on it.

I tested the computer with Memtest86+. What happened was the first time it froze at about 68% 14 minutes in. I restarted my computer manually and tried it again, it stopped at 76% and about 17 minutes in and restarted it manually because it froze, the thrid time it went to 100% in about 25 minutes, is that ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back