Random Reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys

I 'd appreciate any assistance with this. I have this PC which recently has gone bizarre. One day it's fine the other day it drives bonkers with random reboots - like 15 or even 20 in a whole afternoon.

I also ran the memory test from from Microsoft. Initially it gave a few errors. Then I opened the case cleaned it from dust, cleaned the RAM modules, and reseated them. I thought I did the trick. The next time I ran the memory test it ran fine. I also applied the extended test (X). THe next time I reboot, voila, I get two System Errors (102) then everything goes quiet again. I also ran checkdsk with the repair options.

I tried running dumpchk and pstat, but to be honext I couldn't find where things were wrong and rather than continue running this and that I'd like to nip in the bud and pinpoint the problem. Unfortunately the Microsoft assistance on dumpchk isn't too helpful imho or at least what I read did not match my scenario.

I am thus attaching yesterday's minidump and a pstat log, hoping that you may offer me some assistance.

Thanks in advance.

Your miniump is inconclusive.

However, if you have received errors with ram tests, it makes sense that faulty ram may well be the culprit.

Go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps you to identify the culprit.

If it doesn`t, please attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps.

Regards Howard :)

Let me ask you this: You say that your PC has random reboots. Does the PC just shut down instantaneously and then boots up again, or does it go through normal shut down procedure as if someone told it to restart?

It was shutting down instaneaously. I think I have now fixed the problem and probably it was a combination of things: dust on RAM modules, checkdisk with repair and few trojan viruses as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back