Status
Not open for further replies.

gamingmage

Ok here are my specs

Opteron 144
Asus A8N-SLI Premium
CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB)
EVGA 7800gt

ok now at times it has random restarts especially when i am playing Counter Strike:Source. The temperatures are ok ranging from 80 degrees farenheit to 90 degrees farenheit. It runs well otherwise so I dont know why this is happening any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I suppose you have a powerful enough psu? So many audio and video problems here are because of a weak psu, I have to ask. Have you got any game newer than cs:s? Does it work ok/better on older games?

I have the same problem with the same motherboard and it only happens when I play games. What power supply are you running?

I think that paranoid guy is hitting it right on the head. Running that kind of geat if you don't have a PSU that can fit the bill you will have very similar problems. Need to know that brand and also wattage of your PSU.

I have a Solytech 460 watt psu i bought its aftermarket and it cost me about 50 or 60 bucks so i dont think thats the problem.

Turn off autorestart so you can see the BSOD and post the stop code back here. Start/My Computer/right click/Properties/Advanced Tab/Start-up and Recovery Settings. Uncheck the automatic restart.

In my sig click the BSOD link, in there is a link the PSUCalculator. Check to make sure you're not taxing that 480W. I don't know that brand name. What amps does it have on the 12Volt rail?

Cheers.

ill try that oh and sry forgot to mention that the 1.8Ghz Opteron is oced to 2.41 on stock cooling and still going only as high as about 95 degrees Farenheit thank u very much lol but i doubt that could be the problem unless vdroop maybe?

gamingmage said:
I have a Solytech 460 watt psu i bought its aftermarket and it cost me about 50 or 60 bucks so i dont think thats the problem.
Depending on the Quality of the PSU that could still be the problem. Like Kirock said we need to know how many Amps you have on yoru 12V Rail. Never heard of that brand myslef.

1.8Ghz Opteron is oced to 2.41 on stock cooling
Boy that's quite the OC, maybe we have another issue here. :)
Have you run Prime95 on it to see how stable that OC is?
What app are you using to measure the CPU temps or is this a case display?

um prime 95 no i havent but the temp is from a case display and it got to 2.4 with no problem and i havent tried further because i havent bothered yet ;)

Oh and the premium mother board is the best because u just have to adjust the fsb or htt or watever u like to call it and it adjust the memory and all that around it like the voltage, memory speeds and timings, and other stuff so YAY! im glad i spent almost 200 bucks for it

Ok guys just if u want to kno i think i figured it out it was an unknown device driver and it was a raid controller on my mobo that i hadnt fully installed correctly yet so yea......thanks for the help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back