Random restarts in Windows XP, error 102 / 1003, minidumps included

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows crashes randomly, and reports system error 102, category 1003 when restarts. I have collected these 5 minidump files from crashes. I don't know if they are caused by damaged ram stick or some faulty driver.

System specs are the following:

Intel Pentium 4 520, 2800 MHz (14 x 200)
Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq dc7100 CMT(DX438AV)
Intel Grantsdale-G i915G
Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family (128 MB)
DIMM1: Nanya (256 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
DIMM2: Transcend (512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
DIMM3: Transcend (512 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
PSU: 400W
OS: Windows XP Professional SP2 up to date of Windows Updates.

No recent changes in hardware/software, except latest windows updates after first crashes trying to fix the problem. I have also tryed to delete memory pagination file, without success.

I hope you can help me.

Thank you for everything.

Exported minidumps to txt file using windows debugging tools

I hope these files may help you to give me some hint about what is failing.

Thank you for everything

Attachments

• Mini070207-01.txt
    14.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Mini072307-01.txt
    13.3 KB · Views: 5
One of the dumps has crashed with Bugcheck 1A, and this is a sign of a RAM problem. Try running with just the two 512MB sticks. If it still crashes then try each stick one at a time.

Also, the process in that dump is SCRV2007B3.exe, do you know what this is? I can't find any info on it.

Thank for your help

Thank you very much peterdiva, I'll try removing the 256 MB stick, or even one by one to determine if there is a damaged stick.

By the way, SCRV2007B3.exe is a personal application, so that I think you won't find any information of it... This application has been running without changes in this computer with no problems, and it's also running in other computers in similar circumstances. Even more, this process isn't running always when the computer reboots. I'll try with the memory.

Thank you for your help, I'll try to post here the results of my tests.

Problem seems to be solved

Removing the 256 MB stick didn't worked. The computer crashed even faster. So that I began trying memory sticks one by one. With one of the 512 MB sticks the system couldn't even start, so that I supose this stick is damaged. Now the system is working fine with 768 MB (512+256).

Thank you very much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back