Random Restarts With New PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I built a new computer recently and it is working great except for one thing. Randomly the keyboard and mouse will stop working, I hear the device disconnect sound, then the PC stutters to a blue screen that says something like "Hardware/Software problem". After this happens the PC will restart a couple seconds after the blue screen comes up. You never know when this is going to happen but it seems to happen in games, not just one game. It doesnt happen a whole lot but it does happen and I need to fix this. I dont have to reconnect the keyboard and mouse after this happens it recognizes it again on restart. I have tried the keyboard/mouse USB and PS/2, though it seems my PS/2 ports dont work anymore... I have used front panel usb ports and ones in the back of the case too. I also tried downloading the drivers again and installing them. This keyboard and mouse worked fine on my older PC without a problem. Could there be a defect with my mainboard and do I need to RMA? Could it be a software problem? All my other hardware seems to be working fine the only thing I could think it would be is the mainboard or software.

Specs:

AMD 64 3800+ X2 (Dual Core)
ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 Mainboard
2GB (2 x 1GB Dual Channel) Corsair XMS Platinum (2-3-3-6)
BFG Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT 256MB
Windows XP Home Edition SP2
Western Digital SATAII 16MB Cache 250GB
Creative Audigy 2 ZS

Please help me with this soon,
Thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 minidumps together, and attach them here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Okay I saw the error and it said that it was a hardware/software problem caused by LCcfltr.sys which is the USB driver for my Logitech Keyboard/Mouse. Now I know that is what has been causing this BSOD and what do I do now to stop it?

Logitech utility for my wireless keyboard & mouse once killed my IE :) so I have to restorepoint my XP.

boril said:
Logitech utility for my wireless keyboard & mouse once killed my IE :) so I have to restorepoint my XP.
Odd. I have had any problems. Maybe because I haven't installed the drivers....

CodeR3d said:
Okay I saw the error and it said that it was a hardware/software problem caused by LCcfltr.sys which is the USB driver for my Logitech Keyboard/Mouse. Now I know that is what has been causing this BSOD and what do I do now to stop it?

Uninstall, and reinstall with the latest drivers. If that doesn`t help uninstall permanently, and see if your crashes continue.

Other than that. Attach the minidumps as requested.

Regards Howard :)

I have the same issue. Same symptoms, I hear the usb disconnect sound (a customised sound by the way, a surreal "What are you doing Dave" from "2001 - A Space Odyssey"), then the BSOD "0xCE_W_LCcFltr+120a" (windbg bucket_id)

I have the newest logitech drivers, and this is a new computer, although I had the same problems with my previous computer using the same Logitech iTouch Keyboard. However, I must say, the newest driver I have is indeed old, like a couple of years.

Would it help to atatch the Windbg output? I think the issue is indeed that LccFltr.sys, the logitech driver. I guess the best solution is to uninstall that. To be frank, I think Logitech is doing a lousy job anyway, not supporting Firefox as a browser for instance.

My system:
MSI P6N Sli Platinum
Intel E6600 Core Duo
Zalman CNPS9500 Cooler
Asus EN7300GT Silent GPU, 256MB DDR2 PCI-e
RAM: 2 x 1Gb Apacer DDR2-800 CL5
PSU: Bequiet 450W Straight Power (+3,3V:30A, +5V:30A, +12V1:25A, +12V2,18A, [+12V:30A], -12V:0.5A,+5Vsb:2,5A)
Seagate ST340016A (40Gb), ST3160023A (160Gb), Samsung HD401LJ (400Gb)
SyncMaster 913B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back