Random Scrambled screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
About a month and a half ago i started have trouble with my pc. When I would play the screen would get these tiny lines verticaly accross the screen. If i tried to countinue what i was doing it would get worse until you coulnt see what you were doing. I had an ati radeon 9500 pro and it was to weak so i decided i could use this as an excuse to get a new card. I got the ati all-in-wonder x800 xt installed it by the book and and the same thing happened only worse.

I tried reinstalling the drivers many times, made sure all fans were spinning, Updated the bios on my motherboard, swithced the screen and tried the card in another pc where it worked flawlessly. Those didnt work then the next day it just started to work and didnt mess up for a full month until yesterday. I shut down my computer for an extended period rather than just a restart, which is what i think caused the problems to resurface. It always randomly happens to. It may happen on start up or it may happen 5-10 min after the desktop has already loaded. But it will always happen within 15 min. I can still here the sound if i was doing something though. The psu tends to act up now also.

This is what it looks like:

on loading screen
97310347_310014689_0.jpeg

on the desktop
97390994_310290431_0.jpeg

The desktop pic should be brighter. The lines are white.

What size power supply do you have? The X800XT probably eats more power than the 9500, and so that could be why it's worse with the new card. If the power supply is not the problem, I don't know what to say.
Hoping to help.
kitty500cat
BTW welcome to TechSpot

in addition to the valid info in the previous post, you could also be experiencing a heat problem. run the comp with the side panel off to easily rule out overheating.

thx for the replys. I have a 300w psu. Ill try uppgrading the power supplyto a 400w. I did try taking the panel off and even putting a fan next to it to keep it extra cool so it shouldn't be that. Ill update ya later thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back