RANT: Tweaked out video card heatsinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vehementi

Hello all,

[rant]
Can someone explain something to me? I have a gripe. I'm curious as to why video card manufacturers put so much work into making the front of the video card look good. The biggest example would be Chaintech. One of their models of GF4 Ti's uses a decked out, beautiful gold finished GPU/RAMsink with "CHAINTECH GEFORCE4" on it. What in the hell could the point possibly be to waste so much on it? I mean come on, the card is pointing down you can't see the front of the card at all! The only time you would ever be able to admire the pretty little polished heatsink is when the card is out of your computer, which it most certainly is not most of the time! I would find someone who powered off their system, opened up the case, and removed the video card to show me their shiny heatsink was quite odd. I mean please...people are spending extra money on this??

Ugh!

[/rant]

your forgetting about the nerds that cut windows in their case and install lighting. what their video card looks like is important to them.

Iss hit the dot, plus I know a few silly computer nerds who would probbly get the better looking vid.card instead of the better performing vid.card. It doesnt cost much at all to put a gold finish on the sinks Veh. Keep inmind the sinks arnt gold, they have a coating of gold thats about 1/10 of a centimeter think...why not?

You still can't see it. Even if there aren't many PCI cards installed. I can only see the rear of my card, the back of the heatsink is only visible. The bottom line is, you can't see the front of the heatsink!

That's why I said "gold finished" ;) Of course it's not real gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back