Re-setting cpu frequency in cmos setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi can u help i'm got a warning !! now system is in safe mode please re-setting cpu frequecy in cmos setup i got to press f1 when strt up pc

there should be no reason to set CPU frequency (also known as FSB and multiplier) in your BIOS unless you are an experienced overclocker. (also not recommended.)
You will have to be more descriptive with your problem.

if it is just the battery on the MB, then this is the only problem. I am glad u got help.

I am getting exactly the same message but have no idea how to reset the CPU Frequency. Any help appreciated please

do u know how to go into the BIOS and set everything to default. if so do that and the CPU Frequency will be where it should be. if u haven't overclocked the system it shoud be set by the mobo when first installed.

when the computer starts to boot it will aprear on the screen to hit delete or F2 or something. hit that key usually will be delete but different mother boards are different. once in the BIOS go to the last page it will have an option to set to default press it then save and exit.

Thank you very much. I will give it a go. Strangely my PC seems to have "given up" showing the message and starts up first time. I have not changed the Mobo battery yet either

warning message

two things.. first... no offense but frequency is not fsb... fsb is front side bus or the speed that the cpu contacts the northbridge frequency is how many cycles are done in that bus speed... (i.3.) 3.0 ghz processor with 2000mhz fsb... ghz is a cycle numeral.... so in 2k MHz 3GHz will be transfered to the northbridge then to the ram then harddrive and so on.... sorry to bash but... when people get things wrong they end up doing things wrong so i thought maybe it may help someone...

2nd the warning message is due to overclocking of the processor .. there is a slight chance that it could be a power malfunction but its rare... if that battery dies it will give you a post code when it turns on.. (beeb code) one beep means everything is fine ... to fix it you have to ... please re-setting ... the cpu in cmos lol... go into your bios and look through it.. there should be a tab about performance in most in others it may be in the advanced features of the bios... find cpu clock speed and lower it down or click default.. u can also on most opening bios pages simply click load factory default

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back