Reader/Burner Drivers Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dealman

Hello,

My CD/DVD Reader/Burner have stopped working the last weeks. When I put an CD/DVD in it and close it, I only hear an ticking sound. Also the disc icon appear next to the mouse. My cousin looked around a little and he found this:

I'm not sure if that has something to do with the Reader/Burner problem. Also it's a 2 in 1 if that might be good to know. Sorry for most of the stuff on the image for being Swedish. If there's something specific on it wich you want translated just tell me and I'll translate it for you.

Thank you really much for your time,
Dealman

Try reinstalling the drivers for the drive. If this doesn't help then it sounds as though the drive is broken.

Yeah how am I supposed to do that? The drivers are on a disc that came with the computer right?

The reader/burner is broken, so I can't install them from disc. And I'm not so good with drivers. That's whyt I ask for help here.

Download the drivers from the manufacturer's (of the drive) website. Uninstall the device through Start>control Panel>system>hardware>device Manager. Just right click the device and click uninstall. Either restart the computer and direct it to where you downloaded the drivers or if the drivers are executable, just double click the setup file and let the computer install the drive. If the drive still doesn't work then replace it.

So I should uninstall the SCSI/RAID Host Controller with an (i) icon right?

EDIT: I looked on the website (Fujitsu Siemens) for any drivers to my SCSI/RAID Host Controller but didn't find any, I have now mailed them in hope if they can help me.

Yes I got Daemon Tools, but how would it help me with discs. Isn't Daemon Tools used for .cue and .ISO and such?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back