Reading error reports in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

nordberg25

Is there a way to debug error reports in XP like minidump files? I am getting errors when opening ie6 and outlook express and they both say its linked to mlang.dll, I have tried all the possible msoft kb articles with no success.

Yes I do use firefox also, but need both for layout purposes.

Thanks Howard for the quick response. This is one of the kb articles I have tried several times with no luck? I am stumped on this one.

HI Nordberg
The oulook expreess and IE share a lot of common files , is your windows explorer opening ?
try pressing WIndows and E together
Run a rrepair on ie, there will be an ie.inf file in system 32 , you need to right click and install it ,
have the cxp cd handy as the system will ask for it ,
incase the issue is still there run a sfc /scan now , you need to type in the run box sfc /scannow
many tiems repairing ie fixes OE

Thanks for the reply es84, I should have posted that earlier but I have done sfc /scanow twice and the right click on ie.inf as well. Explorer opens.

Here is what I have done so far, and no progress.
1. Changed the isinstalled in the registry from 1 to 0 for both ie and oe
2. Reinstalled ie6 and sp1 and 2
3. Ran sfc /scanow
4. Right clicked and installed ie.inf file
5. Ran every damn hijack this, adaware, xoftspy, mcafe, norton, avast spyware and virus check I have plus cleaned the registry.

This is becoming war

Hi
try this once ,
Start>Run>type in:IExplore.exe /rereg>Ok
it will register dll files for IE , I am not sure if it will work for mlang.dll, how it does register lot of ie dll

there seems to be ssome corrupt font , is windows explorere opening ?
incase the explorer opens fine, then the issue is with the fonts

or try
Click Start, click Run
regsvr32 mlang.dll

And please give me details what excatly happens when u open ie and oe , Because the Mlang.dll file is a shared component, it is not removed when you uninstall Internet Explorer 5 or 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back