Reading mp3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prevs

Does anyone know if their Is their any programs that can read an mp3 audio and put it into text format.

Text format?

Sure.. For example, if you mail that MP3 to someone as an attachment, then it is encoded to plain text.

Rename it .txt and open in notepad or wordpad. Its gonna be ugly as hell though and likely whatever you were hoping to see won't be there.

Convert it to wav then open it in notepad and look how much prettier it is.

Edit: I've actually had to convert to text for something recently at work. If you get Goldwave it has an option to save it as text and it actually does it correctly, rather than what you see in notepad by opening the wav directly.

I know this doesn't answer the original question but it may help someone who finds this through the search feature in the future.

No what I meant is if their is a program that can read audio and convert it into text file the same way an ocr program can read text from a text file.

That sounds like a real tall order... it would involve speech to text conversion and at the same time be able to filter all the drums, guitar, keyboards, ect...

Wouldnt it be easier to look up the lyrics on the net? :)

Indeed, that would have to be some kickass speech recognition engine that could work through the background music. Especially considering that most of the time even humans can't figure out the lyrics :p

Or do you want this superprogram to produce sheet music? :D

no no i was asking the question, not telling the answer i have no idea wat he is talking about. but that would be an awsome program! :darth: :hotbounce

yeah i know its a bit late to respond to this post :giddy: but iknew it was unrealistic. I wasnt talking about music though I have some mp3's that are conversations with people dialogues if you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back