"Real Power" 500w PSU??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiders

I went from a "compUSA" 400w to a "Real Power" 500w Thinking my PSU was going south, and yet things still dont seem rite,, like my MSI PcAlert says my 3.3v is at 3.14v and my +12v is at 11.64v (at its lowest) and my +5v is at 5.13v is this ok?
I would think not. maybe my MOBO is crapping out?
I mostly use my PC for gaming both single player and online.

This is what i have running:
1 CD burner
1 DVD-rom
1 HDD
FDD
5 case Fans (1) 120&(1) 80mm IN & (3) 80MM out
1 1394 Fire-wire pci card
VGA cooler (1 fan)
HDD cooler (twin fan)
Is that too much?

It is not too much, but your PSU is not one of the well-established makes. Antec, Enermax etc. will keep your voltages at the correct levels. As a coarse rule-of-thumb, the heavier a PSU, probably the better quality it is.

Compare the weight of your PSU with a similar one from one of the brands I mentioned earlier.

are you getting any errors or instability problems? maybe you don't have to change your psu if nothing is going wrong. check the rated amperages of each rail on the power supply (if it even list it at all).

i am using an antec psu and it is pretty stable. the boards i used my antec psu with are kinda inconsistent on the +3.3v rail but it is the mobo's fault.

From what it says on my PSU:

+5V-50A
+3.3V-30A
+12V-25A
-5V-0.3A
-12V-0.8A
+5VSB-2A
according to my PcAlert4 none of the Voltages are consistant

Onboard voltage monitors aren't that accurate, and besides, your voltages appear to be within spec. If your PC is stable then it will be fine. The PSU spec you posted is very decent by all account so I don't think you have much to worry about.

Might i add, i did go pick up an antec 420W,,man the thing was twice maybe tree times heavier than the one i had.

Well for a 100 bucks,i fugured what the hell, anybody need a 500W PSU??:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back