Real time screen capture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. That's how all remote control programs and screen recorders work. Do you have something specific in mind? :p

Do you have something specific in mind?

I was thinking about writing a s/w for managings shares (stocks).

If I can capture the share price, I can build in some decision making algorithms.

I'm not into shares, but by brother in law is.

my bad it said vid capture dah

try camtasia I know that one works
you may want to look at something in java
someone here knows java ?? maybe a few

php with java

Hum, why would you have to do full screen capture to get the share prices? You could just capture and process the input stream no matter if it is some webpage or an RSS feed or a television broadcast.

Well I am a little outdated, I guess.

Ok, how would I capture and process the input stream?

I haven't dealt with this kind of capturing before.

Only time I had to play with ports, was when I wrote a little bitty BASIC program to drive two plotters with one PC (AT 286).

why would you have to do full screen capture to get the share prices?

I didn't intend to capture the entire screen, just a window.

I thought I could bypass low level programming that way.

I know only 'C', Fortran, Clipper & AutoLISP. Which port do I open, & how?

Then how do I filter/process the input to extract the prices ? I have no idea about the format/data structure involved in video stram i/o.

And, thanks Nodsu.

BTW, as a new comer, I've tried to maintain a low profile (perhaps not low enough). But I was going to start a thread for 'Valuable contributions by Nodsu'

The major stock exchanges here, have sites that we can log onto (as members) and get the prices on our screen, real time,(for the stocks we are interested in).

The idea was to use the price information for making buy/sell decisions.

Ok, then you examine the source of the webpage and find out what format the stock prices are in exactly.. Images, flash, java applet, plaintext, and extract accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back