Really any point in a overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie30001

Is there any point in over clocking my 9600pro 256mb card.

i cant afford any extra cooling at the moment so it will be keepin its stock fan and heat sink (not a huge over clock any way)

and does any one know any REALLY GOOD overclocking utilitys that will enable me to do this in the 1st place, if possible one that will detect and change the best clocks for me card on its own.

EDIT: hmmm, i think i found a solution to the coolin problem, if i open my case and nick the case fan and put it under my video card or something but keep the case open, i should be ok :)

Rivatuner is a good overclocking tool. And yes it is very much worth it. My 5500 overclocked to 305mhz from 270mhz, and my memory from 400mhz to 479mhz, and i have no overheating or freezing.

Overclocking is really a good way to screw up your PC easily.

It can damage your componets and your video card. Also, if youre overclocking and you have an underpowered PSU, then it could completely fry your PC.

If you need to ask ANYTHING about overclocking, then its not a good idea to do so. Just stick with your stock speeds, as sw123 said, it can easily damage your pc.

Regards,

Korrupt

sw123 said:

It can damage your componets and your video card. Also, if youre overclocking and you have an underpowered PSU, then it could completely fry your PC.
word up,If ur **** is great no need to overclock it cuz its a bad decision, Just Drop the curiousty of overclockin it will Damage ur pc.

Alex~

Personally I see absolutely little to no performance gains even with large(30-40%) overclocks on my GPU/GPU Memory.

Not worth it IMO.

I got 5-10 FPS boost in CS:S, so thats kinda a big deal to me since now i have more frames to aim in, im rank 135 out of 10,500 people on a CS:S server, and the more FPS helps me pwn with the Scout ^_^

Actually, it wont hurt anything if you know what your doing...As long as you're not a 12 year old kid that claims to be 22..then you should be fine.

I claim to be 22 so I can stay on...unless they dont care. And I'm not a kid! lol

overclocking worked well on my old 5200 250/331 to 285/421 gave me massive gains across the board...I just added a fan to prevent heating problems which thankfully never happened. Advice, overclock in small incraments. This is the best way to approach it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back