Really like XP BUT,,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiders

I had a problem befor with one of my Hard drives ,,had to replace it,, when i went to re-install my XP(upgrade) from Win98SE it said "Product key invalid" So i went and got Another upgrade package from staples,,,things went well. ok now my question,,
I currently run an i845E chipset P4. I want to switch to an AMD platform. i.e. Motherboard and CPU. I will be using the same Memory,VGA card,sound card and 1394card.All are XP aproved. Will the problem happen again?? i know i gave you an open ended question but im really not into getting Yet another XP upgrade package.

Specs at a glance,,
2.4Ghz Celeron P4
MSI 845E-MAX HT-READY
Kingston HyperX pc-2100 512meg
eVGA MX-440 128meg 8X AGP
Genaric 5.1. 6 channel sound card
Diamond 1394 FireWire pci card

Thanks all.:grinthumb

Yes, it likely will, but thats no problem, just call MS and they will reactivate it for you without any problem.

PS: You wasted your money on the second one, all you had to do was call them to reactivate it.

I didnt know i could,,LOL but now i do,,i feel at ease now!!

Thanks for the input Storm!:grinthumb

At least now you have 2 vaild XP install cds, so you can have XP legally on 2 machines (might have to call microsoft and tell them what you did if you already installed your new one to that machine).

hey, you know when you uninstall windows and formatt then reinstall, well while activating it for the second time doesnt that look just like if you install xp on two different computers? is that a bad thing?

Originally posted by BloodRaven
hey, you know when you uninstall windows and formatt then reinstall, well while activating it for the second time doesnt that look just like if you install xp on two different computers? is that a bad thing?

You can't have two installations of XP on two computers using one CD-KEY. Windows generates a hardware-based ID specific to the computer that XP has been installed on and Microsoft can verify whether or not it is installed another system or not.

Perhaps if you have two systems with identical hardware.. ;)

Originally posted by Rick
Perhaps if you have two systems with identical hardware.. ;)

Actually that does work... :D ..I had to try it once on a buddy's machine just out of pure curiosity...Since then he's bought XP..

Yes, because there is no way for them to know which one it is, or if you took your old one off the net, or anything. But that goes a little far and might get you in trouble, so beware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back