Really odd noises and BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so my pc sometimes will start making an extremley peculiar sound out of nowhere at times, it's kind of a very loud physical "click" combined with a simultaneous "Bloop". After this sound has been going on for awile I will get a stop error that reads:

KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR or KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

On another note, I can't seem to run world of warcraft unless i end svchost.exe, and when i end that all sound in the game is gone. If i don't end svchost i get a stop error that reads:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Could anyone point me in a direction to deal with this problem?

sound something like virus or hijack? can u upload 5 to 7 minidumps from
c:windows\minidump. also have u run virus scan/maleware

View the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that help you determine the device that is causing the error.
• Bad block. Stop 0x77 is caused by a bad block in a paging file, or a disk controller error, or in extremely rare cases it is caused when non-paged pool resources are unavailable.
• If the first and second parameters are 0, then the stack signature was not found in the kernel stack. The cause of this issue is defective hardware. If the I/O status is C0000185 and the paging file is on a SCSI-based hard disk, you should verify the disk cabling and SCSI termination.
• If the I/O status code is 0xC000009C or 0xC000016A, this normally indicates that the data could not be read from the disk due to a bad block.
• If you can restart your computer after the error message, Autochk runs automatically and tries to map out the bad sector. If for some reason Autochk does not scan the hard disk for errors, manually start the disk scanner. If your computer is formatted with the NTFS file system, run Chkdsk /f /r on the system partition. You must restart your computer before the disk scan begins. If you cannot start your computer due to this issue, use the Command Console and run Chkdsk /r.
• Defective or unreliable random access memory (RAM) is another common cause of this issue.
• Verify that all the adapter cards in your computer are properly seated.
• Ensure that all adapter card contacts are clean.
• Disable system caching in the BIOS to see if this resolves the error.
• If this does not resolve the issue, your computer mainboard (motherboard) may be damaged.

This sounds like a hard drive failing although it could also be a sign of a failing power supply

Is your system home built? what are your specs? It could be as simple as faulty wiring or power shortage.... on the other hand it could be alot worse.... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back