Really unusuall problem with AMD Athlon64 & Gigabyte GA-K8NXP! help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostX

hi everyone, I have a critical problem with my Motherboard and processor, at first I had a a Gigabyte GA-K8NS pro Mother board with an athlon 64 +2800 processor, this mother board stop working suddenly without any warning. then I baught a GA-K8NXP motherboard and I used the same processor because it seemed working, this one worked also for sometime and had the same problem, iam not a computer expert but I noticed that the motherboeard starts without the processor, and also it starts with the processor but without the ram....but when I put them both on, the DDR-VOLT led looks as if not enough electricity is reaching it and it is fainting, then suddenly it stops.
NOTE: In the little time the computer starts with both of the ram and processor on, there is no signal from the VGA card (nVIDIA XFX 6200 AGP).

Is this problem in the MB or the Processor,and what can I do.

It sounds to me like you need more juice! Most cases that come with a PSU (power supply unit) come with a junk PSU. I would check around the forums and find a quality PSU that isn't outrageous in price and get it in there ASAP!

I'd pin it on a faulty PSU rather than a small PSU, but just in case, whats your full system specs?

Gigabyte K8NXP MotherBoard with ATX cassing
AMD Athlon 64 +2800 (754 pin)
1 GB DDR 1 RAM
AGP nVIDIA 6200 256 MB
Mercury power supply 300 watt

Chimworth said:
It sounds to me like you need more juice! Most cases that come with a PSU (power supply unit) come with a junk PSU. I would check around the forums and find a quality PSU that isn't outrageous in price and get it in there ASAP!
Thank u very much, I baught a 700 WATT power supply rather than the one I had (300 WATT), now it is working properly.

Yeah man, I would go for a new PSU (Power Supply Unit). You can get some good deals off NewEgg, don't settle for anything lower than 500w!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back