Realtek ac97 sound only from 1 speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone

I've got a realtek ac97 sound card. sometimes it works fine for days but then it will only produce sound from 1 speaker for days. I've reinstall the latest drivers and codecs. and its not the speakers or wires as I've tried them with other equipment. please can any one help!!!

start PC in safe mode, uninstall realtek drivers, reboot into normal mode, run regcleaner or similar app, install drivers for your realtek audio.
Make sure you are installing the correct ones.
Is that desktop or laptop? If nothing works it could be the jack itself - in this case dedicated sound card (PCI or USB) would be the option. They are cheap these days. Good Luck

I have got the same trouble, tried different speakers and reinstalled drivers. Dont know if it is the jack as it happens also with the earphones jack. It seems to me its either a software or hardware problem but I would like to know as I have seen many with this kind of trouble over the Internet. computer emachine and intel motherboard with built in one. Any info or advice appreciated before going to buy a new sound card because all my slots are already taken. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back