Realtek Ac'97 Weird problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I know theres a few topics about this already but none of them is the same as mine.

I have downloaded the lastest drivers for the onboard Realtek, I could then only play music from windows media player nothing else. (internet, windows theme, games, etc)
I checked BIOS and it is ENABLED. I tried turning the sound card on and off in the device manager. I also tried reinstalling the drivers from the cd that came with the MoBo. I've tried plugging into every port(line in,line out, mic, etc)
When I updated the new driver and when into the progam. Only way I got sound on windows media player was to select 5.1 Surround sound.

Im running on a PC 1.7 GHZ AMD athlon. Nvida chipset I believe(nforce or wutever)

I heard i need some kinda of older verison of the driver that is signed by Microsoft. I cannot find this driver anywhere and is this what I need? Because when I installed the audio drivers/codecs it said I should stop this installation because it is not approved or whatever my Microsoft but I contiuned anyways.

Please help thanks :)

So I should install install another driver from driverguide.com and delete the one I installed earlier? I installed the one you linked me to already and it only plays sounds in the Windows Media Player, I need it to play sounds for everything else.

Thanks

Ok I did what you asked but the same problem stil remains. I can hear from windows media player nothing else.

Also I just wanted to show you when im installing the drivers this pops up.

I've attached 3 Screen shots.

First one it shows the thing that pops up during installation.

2nd one shows when I click those two circled speakers I hear sounds. Only from those two and not the front ones. (Im using 2 regaular sony speakers)

3rd shows you the only two options that I have to click in order to hear anything from.

Im not using any subwoofer im using standards speakers that comes with computers. :S What's going on ?!!?

RhiNoKiLL said:
Ok I did what you asked but the same problem stil remains. I can hear from windows media player nothing else.

Also I just wanted to show you when im installing the drivers this pops up.

I've attached 3 Screen shots.

First one it shows the thing that pops up during installation.

2nd one shows when I click those two circled speakers I hear sounds. Only from those two and not the front ones. (Im using 2 regaular sony speakers)

3rd shows you the only two options that I have to click in order to hear anything from.

Im not using any subwoofer im using standards speakers that comes with computers. :S What's going on ?!!?

click continue installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back