Realtek ALC883...notebook audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the chip may support 5.1 audio indeed.

You need 3 for analog 5.1 and connectors are a luxury when it comes to laptops.. Looking at the photo on that page, I see only 3 audio jacks, which are line out, mic and line in.

Better check the manual for exact kinds of connectors you have there. You need either 3 analog output jacks or a SPDIF connector on that laptop to get 5.1.

well the pictures on that site "might" be inacurate...msi is known to use other pictures of their other laptops with the same case...but it could be the same modle

the manual is out on another modle (MS-16332)...that i thought was the same thing as the the one i gave the link for(675) but aparently the difference is the sound chip, dimentions...and thats it...so i dono

the manual for the ms 16332 says it has only mic in, line out, and line in..as u said...but it has a spdif
as for the 675 i have next to no clue as to what connections it has...the 16332 just got released like 2 days ago, and i dont when the 675 will be releasd...or if they r the same thing ty for posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back