Realtek HD Audio Sound Manager Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Sony VAIO VGC-RA830G. It came with 5 speakers (2-front; 2-back; 1-center) and a subwoofer. My computer came with Realtek Sound Manager. It has a back panel where the speakers can be connected, a mic, and other things. It has a font panel where a mic and headphones can be connected as well.

Well, yesterday I had a friend over and we were doing some recording on the microphone. It wasn't working in the front panel mic jack for some reason, but it would work in the back. Well, I had updated the drivers before and had never tested out the front panel mic jack to see if it was working correctly, so it may have actually been like this for a while. I had used the headphone jack though.

Nevertheless, I opened Sound Manager and thought I'd see if there was a configuration I could fix. I didn't see anything. So, I thought I'd go to Realteks website and download the latest driver. Well, I downloaded it and saved it to my computer. Then I uninstalled the old driver. Restarted the computer. Then I installed the newer one. Now I have another problem, my 2 rear speakers aren't recognized!!!! Also, sound manager still looks the same, but it has few options then I had intially. Click here and you'll see how it looked before. Now it only has 4 buttons and many of the features I had before are missing. Click here to see how it looks now. As you can see, it only has three outputs. Before, it showed all of the outputs I had for the back of my computer and the front panel.

To make a long story short, I've done everything possible. I contacted Sony Support and they suggested I restore my computer (I have too much software and important files to make that my first resort). I went to the Intel website and downloaded the HD Audio drivers that matched my chipset (915P) and that didn't fix it either.

For some reason, I'm thinking that when I install the HD Audio drivers, all of my channels aren't being recognized or something.

What's the problem???

Thanks!

Do you have Windows XP. If so, you can try System Restore (provided it is enabled). It won't lose your files but any programs or applications you may have installed in between might have to be reinstalled. If there haven't been any, give it a try. You can always undo the restore if you don't like it.

I have Windows XP Media Center Edition. I have done 2 System Restores and neither of them fixed the problem. I thought it would've also, but it didn't and I was very disappointed. :(

Ripped Off!

Man, i dont even have Sound Manager anymore! It has misteriously disappeared off my entire computer. I admit, realtek has some cool products, but there ability to stay on target are USELESS!!!!!! I tried to plug my damn headphones in, the PC doesnt have a clue they even exist. No idea

I have the same problem as you zee, my rear speakers could not be recognised. Did you try installing the old drivers that came with you're pc/motherboard? It could fix the problem. I have these new driver shipped with mine so i'll have to find the old ones somewhere on the net. They do seem a bit more functional.

Realtek HD is a real pain anytime i disconenneect any of my mics from the back where they are plugged in its a hassle. it wont recognize the Microphone green/nlack plug in the front but the pink works fine. Realtek really need to sort it out

Hie. I'm having some problems with the speakers on my laptop. I plugged in my earphones and when i unplugged them, the speakers had no sounds coming frm them and i've no idea what i'm supposed to do nxt..all i got was a warning saying that Realtek HD Audio Manager has an error and configuration problem and that to fix it ASAP...

Just wondering but does it matter if i plug my green speaker jack into any of the ports seeing how as you can configure any of them into Line Out?

Im getting the same problem. Driving me insaine.
Anyone find the solution?
I have updated drivers and i even put my front speakers in the rear output and still the front speakers work. Its just getting sound to the rear doesnt wanna work.
All my speaker settings are set to 5.1 or 6 speakers... doesnt make sense.

Solved on my hp

Ok, after reading these posts and a lot others I got it to work.
mute the microphone everywhere I could.
download the latest Realtek drivers.
installed them over top of the existing drivers.
reboot
Remove the RealTek HD software Through control panel->add remove programs
When into Add Hardware manager in control panel
Let it find the RealTK stuff and install the drivers automatically
Went in an made sure everything is working.
Now I get sound and I can record. The recording volume is still a little low but usable.

Good luck

I had the problem with the rear speakers not working in 5.1 i fixed it buy changing rear speakers to Side speakers in the realtek audio manager the rear speakers are for 7.1

help :)

hiya i am having trouble with my sound to be honest i just braught some logitech speakers yer nothing WOW or nothing hugly exciting about them. But some reason the sound hasnt transfered through them, they are plugged in and it doent come with any CD installation so i have no idea.

previously i had the sounds coming from my screen as i blew up my other set....... can some one surgest what i can do, for some reason my computer doesnt seem to have found the logitech speakers

My RealTek HD Manager is messed up

I do not have any sound and can't figure where I went wrong and it is driving me nuts.

I only have what came with my Windows Vista 2008

Can you help me???

Thanks
Laurie

im running on xp and cant figure out whats wrong i have sound then i dont the sound i do have is screwed up and it seems to think that i have something in the line in jack and for reff its RLC883
happened about 5 months ago its also a compaq presario SR1820NX but right now nothing dealing with sound works nad sound card seems to be in working order so u got any ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back