Reboot loop with blue screen + freezing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edlismange

I recently reformatted (twice) due to a problem with the entire computer randomly locking up, with me unable to do anything, not even move the mouse, unless I rebooted.
However, this morning I turned on my computer to find that it is in a reboot loop, with a quick flash of a blue screen with white writing after the windows loading screen before restarting. The blue screen only appears for about half a second, so I haven't been able to read it.
The fact that this has happened recently after two reformats leads me to believe it is a hardware problem (as well as the persistent freezing problem)
If anyone knows anything about either of these problems, I would greatly appreciate their help.

AMD Athlon xp 2600+
768MB PC2700 RAM
Audigy 2 ZS
Geforce 6800 GT
ASUS A7V8X-X

I take it safe mode is doing the same thing?

Anyways, I would start with this. This is a quote from one of Rick's posts.

First, figure out what CAUSED the problem. Often times, when Windows is rendered unbootable, there is a good reason. This can often be due to hardware failure (bad hard disk, memory or CPU for example). In these cases, the system repair function will not work. System repair will only repair your software.

I strongly recommend you run a disk utility on your hard drive before performing a system repair. You can find more information about disk utilities here:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthre...=&threadid=7602

Memory can also cause these problems. A good memory test can be found here: www.memtest86.com

The blue screen is the computer doing a physical memory dump and the only way to get out of a boot loop is to either format again or to repair windows.

I had this trouble some time ago and i know what that causes it. theres two ways it can happen , First one , ur machine suddenly lock up freeze shows blue screen 1 sec and auto reboot , and it just freezes with that blue screen , the warning is telling u there ur memory overflow , now to the solutions. First analyze whole HD for damage sectors , if that not the problem , check that ur not mixing NTFS and FAT32 Partition System files together , that woull be a great problem. and finally , Check ur Ram because this problem also is related to damaged ram , memcheck is a good soft to test ur memory .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back