Reboot, Reboot, Reboots and company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reboot, Reboot and Reboot and company.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At the suggestion of Route 44, have added zipped minidumpd files.
Here is the original message. Thanks for your understanding.

Hello everyone,

For the past few months I have the most irritating problem of random reboots. After reading numerous posts on this subject on TechSpot boards, I went to discover a lot of things about my computer. I am now 100% positive it is far more clever than I am, but love to get some help from an expert on this board to show it who the boss is. Thanks in advance.

The specs.
XP Pro, with service Pack 2 (Genuine)
Intel Pentium 4, 1600 Mhz
ASUS P4T-E (5 PCI – 1 AGP Pro – 1 CNR – 4 RIMM)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Tehama 850
Bios Type : Award Medallion (12-12-01)
NVidia GeForce 2 MX/MX 400 (64 MB)
Monitor : ViewSonic E70f-2
Creative SB Live! Sound Card
IDE Controller ; Intel® 82801BA Ultra ATA Controller
Disk Drive WDC WD400BB-00CFC0 – 37 GB – IDE
Optical drive CD-RW GCE-8240B
Memory : RDRAM (2 x 256 plus 2 x 128) see note 1

The problem.
Random reboot, almost always (99% of the time) when trying to access a web site. This problem also almost always occurs (90% of the time) when I try to send the error report to Microsoft, after a reboot. When the error report goes through, I receive different messages. Following is one of these.

Problem caused by Device Driver
You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.
More information

Problem report summary
Problem type Windows stop error (a message appears on a blue screen with error code information)
Solution available? No
What does this problem mean? Windows has encountered a problem it cannot recover from and it needs to be restarted
Cause Unknown
Computer symptoms A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)
Additional steps for you to take Please continue to send problem reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible Other times

I have received a message saying it was due to a display driver or software and recommended downloading the latest available driver from Microsoft or the OEM. (Did both without results)

Error report.

After a reboot, get a message : ''Windows has encountered a critical error'' etc..
When I try to send the report to Microsoft, it reboots most of the time as it attempts to connect Microsoft.

Error signature:
BCCode: 100000d1 BCP1: 00000008 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : F7650848 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP 2_0 Product 256_1
To view technical information about the error report, click here :
And it directs to the minidump : Mini031207-8.dmp

What I have done so far.

Note 1. Because the problem started appearing after I added two modules of 256 MB Rambus to the existing two modules of 128 MB (all ECC modules) I though I had bought 2 bad modules.

• Tested the RAM with MemTest, without errors.

• Removed the old modules and run with only the new ones. Same problem

• Removed the new ones and run with only the old ones. Same problem

• Changed the location of the modules in different combinations (did not run at all when paired but worked when a module 256 MB was paired with a 128 MB module). Same problem

• Bought Driver Agent to verify what drivers needed upgrade. Upgraded 7 drivers. Same problem.

• Verified that all boards where firmly pressed in their slots. Same problem.

• One at a time, disconnected (before restarting system) , the scanner, the printer, the webcam, the Anti virus/spyware/firewall (2007 CA Internet Security), Password software (RoboForm) . Same problem.

• Followed Microsoft's answer when they suggested something instead of telling me there was no solution available.

• Read the Asus motherboard manual to see if could find any hints. Noticed there was a temperature and speed monitor on their CD (ASUS Probe), which was not installed. Installed it. Everything is fine except for one item which I am not sure of the signification. It says the monitor is paused for the Power Fan. Does it mean it is not connected or that the fan is not working ?

• Went to Event Viewer and noticed that I always have the same problems reported :

TYPE Date Time Source Category Event User

X Error Date Time System Error (102) N/A
Or
X Error Date Time Service control Manager 7000** N/A

** could be 7000 or 7003 or 7034, etc.

For the System error above, the text in the Error log file reads :

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000d1 (0x00000008, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xf7590848). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini033107-01.dmp

What do you need from me to allow you to diagnose the problem ?

I am not sure of what to send you to be able to pinpoint the problem and suggest corrective actions. Please be specific as to where and how to find the info you need and how you want it forwarded. I have reached the limits of what I was able to do by reading postings.

Please don't take it for a given that I will know what the hell you are talking about when you answer.

My ego has been bruised enough by this stupid machine which (seems) is more clever than I am. That tells you where I fit !!!

Thanks in advance for any assistance you might provide.

All your minidumps point to the crash occuring at NDIS.sys. which is core to your OS. Specifically this is the Windows NDIS 5.1 wrapper driver (Network Driver Interface Specification)

This is usually caused by your nic, or your wifi.

You mentioned that you updated 7 drivers. Did that include your nic or wifi? If not I suggest that you try updating you nic and/or wifi drivers.

Hi Route 444

The answer is yes. The driver was updated from the #Com EtherLink PCI for Complete PC Management NIC (3C905C-TX) version 4.5.0.0 dated 2001-07-01 to the last available version 4.35.00.0000 dated 2003-07-30.
I actually did this update twice without it solving the reboot problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back