Rebuild RAID setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supra

Alright heres my problem, I recently killed my motherboard(Epox 8k3a+) during a recapping procedure and I was using the onboard RAID controller with 2 80GB Seagate drive setup in RAID 0. My Question is can I just purchase another motherboard with an identical RAID controller on it (Highpoint HPT372) and I should be able to boot it up off my drives? Anyone done something like this before? Even getting into safemode would work. Ive tried to use RAID Rebuilder and GetDataBack from Runtime Software and there are many files that dont get found and it acts as if the drives are bad but I know they arent. I am unable to get another 8k3a+ but I can get a 8k9a2+ which has the same RAID on it just a different chipset(KT400 from KT333ce). I really need some help to get the data off these drives.

It should Just Work if you set the drives to RAID0 with the right stripe size setting. Don't initialize the array!

It may be better to use Linux software RAID to get the data - it's free and it is easier to play around with settings and such. Needs Linux and RAID expertise though..

I'll probably go with getting another motherboard since I need a replacement to put my old 2600+ into. It would be nice to go the Linux route but I have very little experience with it and none when it comes to setting up software RAID. Thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back