Recent BSOD Bugchecks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

First post on the forums, been lurking for a while and find the diagnostics useful in critical situations.

I have had numerous bugchecks during the course of my new PC. Recently I get a lot of them when trying to play Dark Messiah. Reading around gave me the impression it may be the video card, I hope that is not the case and hope that you might be able to diagnose the bug checks and figure out what it looks to be.

Any help would be appreciated as since this PC is probably a year and a half old I would really hate to have faulty hardware so soon.

The attached Minidumps are all the dumps since the build of the PC, I have grouped the zips by date of dumps so they should I assume all be relevant to whatever bug it was encountering at that time:

Mini102806-01.zip - Recent Dark Messiah bugchecks
Mini061206-01.zip - Bugchecks from 12/06/06
Mini121505-02.zip - Bugchecks from 15/12/05
Mini111105-01.zip - Bugchecks from the 11/11/05
Mini100205-01.zip - Bugchecks from the 02/10/05

Look forward to hearing from you guys and thanks.

Regards,
Jason

It's defiantly a video card problem, most likely hardware. The bugcheck to look at is EA- see below.

You can try the workaround HERE, but you've most likely had a bad card from the day you bought it.

0x000000EA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

Hi Peter,

Yeah I had already read that KB article, unfortunately I would not like to remove the performance of the card.

This is a LeadTek GeForce 7800GTX, I was really hoping it wasn't a hardware issue. I'll have to see when I bought it and see if I can RMA it, thanks for the diagnostics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back