Rechargable mouse no longer charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arc

Howdy! This is going to sound like a silly question, but I want to make sure before I go out and get me a new wireless mouse. The mouse itself is a few years old, so it's no where near new. I have no idea who the maker is anymore. I asked about this on another forum, and was told to get a new set of rechargable batteries.

Okay, so I followed everyone's advice and ran out and got me another set of rechargables. The old set I had for about three years, and out of no where, they suddenly stopped charging in the cradle. At least, I think they have.

The cradle will have a little indication light that will turn on when it's in use, and when the mouse is charging. Since I moved here, and got Purply hooked up, the indicator light has not turned on to show the batteries are charging, but it works when the mouse is in use.

It can't be the outlet I have the adapter plugged into, because I've got my speaker adapter and tested it. My buddy mixed up the adapters before we hooked everything up, and used it to power my speakers, but when they didn't work, he realized he had it backwards. The speakers are 7.5v and the mouse is 8v.

Is there a way I could have uh, killed the adapter? Or for some reason could it still be charging, but the indicator light won't turn on? Or am I just going to have to get a AAA charger?

I have noticed though that the mouse is far more precise since I put in the new batteries. Which is all good, until I have to charge it and then can't.

Connecting an adapter with less output voltage shouldn't hut anything. Actually, 7.5 is so close to 8, that you should be able to interchange the adapters no problem. Well, unless some braindead engineer decided to use alternate wiring..

Use a voltmeter to check the voltage on the charger contacts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back