Recommended Motherboard/Fan/Temp Monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

}{yBr!D^

What would you guys recommend that takes accurate readings of whats going on in the tower... inregards to Temp, voltage, fan speeds etc etc...

My old Intel system comes with one (motherboard) AMD systems don't for some reason. (Depending on the board of course... which this one is MSI.

My God, everest is over kill, but I like lol... both seem rather accurate yet everest is easier to read...

Field Value
Sensor Properties
Sensor Type Winbond W83697HF (ISA 290h)
GPU Sensor Type National LM63 (ATI-I2C 4Ch)

Temperatures
Motherboard 31 °C (88 °F)
CPU 54 °C (129 °F)
GPU 43 °C (109 °F)
GPU Ambient 39 °C (102 °F)
WDC WD1600JB-00EVA0 33 °C (91 °F)

Cooling Fans
CPU 2377 RPM
Chassis 5819 RPM

One more thing.. on speedfan, why does it show fire @ 51 C? I know its hot but its within the safe zone pretty much... all in all there is a new HSF coming which shold drop it a bit.. hopefully in the 40's... (btw the one I'm using now isn't an OEM HSF)

PC Wizard is pretty good also. I have Everest Ultimate Edition but it doesnt give me my PSU temperature but PC Wizard 2006 does.

}{yBr!D^ said:
My old Intel system comes with one (motherboard) AMD systems don't for some reason
not all Intel mobos come with temp monitoring programs. and many AMD mobos do indeed come with monitoring software. It is completely dependant on the mobo maker and has nothing to do with Intel or AMD.

}{yBr!D^ said:
What would you guys recommend that takes accurate readings of whats going on in the tower... inregards to Temp, voltage, fan speeds etc etc...
that's a trick question. there are no accurate software based temp monitors. it is not uncommon to have temp readings as much as 10c off their actual temps.

They are not good for giving you actual temp readings... what they are good for is giving you "before and after" temp comparisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back