Recording Device problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobwill

Hi everyone,

I am running a Novatech Isys pro, with a Foxconn 946 7MA series motherboard (I think), 2G of RAM, WinXP Home (SP2). I also use Logitech Z 10 usb speakers.

I have recently installed Skype and bought a PC 30 headset by Sennheiser. These have 2 jacks (mic and headphones). When I plug them in they do not work.

I have looked via control panel, sounds and audio devices, audio tab and have seen a message that says there are no recording devices. I have updated all the drivers in the sounds, video and game controller branch of the device manager tree. I have gone to the Foxconn website to check for a newer driver and cannot find a download section to their website. I have taken off the case to the computer and cannot find a seperate soundcard - I assume there is an integeral one on the motherboard. I have unplugged the usb speakers. In sounds and audio devices, audio tab I am told no audio devices at all are attached - this with the headset plugged in. I have plugged the mic jack of the headset into the speakers. Still no recording device.

Any thoughts or help would be really appreciated.

Will.

Purchase and install another motherboard with better specs... Foxconn is less than useful in situations like you describe here

Thank you for your advice Tmagic650. Can you recommend a better motherboard? Or would it be better to buy a separate sound card?

Having had time to think about it - it seems to me that buying a new motherboard just to get a pair of headphones and mic to work with my pc is overkill. Surely there must be a simple way to get a headset that has headphones and a mic on it to work with my pc?

u can buy sound cards $30.00 up and a cheap one would do u nicely, do read the manuel and be sure install the drivers or it will not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back