red alert 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomhead69

hi i just got red alert 1 i tried to install it and it says this c:\windows\system32\config.nt . the system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows applications choose close to terminate the application please help i got red alert to working fine please help

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue:
Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type cmd, and then click OK.
At the command prompt, type the following commands, pressing ENTER after each command:

place windows cd in cd-rom

expand CD-ROM Drive Letter:\i386\config.nt_ c:\windows\system32\config.nt

expand CD-ROM Drive Letter:\i386\autoexec.nt_ c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt

expand CD-ROM Drive Letter:\i386\command.co_ c:\windows\system32\command.com
exit

restart computer

Try repeating the commands but just use c:\windows\system32 as the destination without the \filename.ext on the end of the command

If you still get the same error, go into My Computer then C Drive and see if you have a WINNT folder there instead of Windows, if so, repeat the above commands but use c:\winnt\system32 as the destination

should i include expand cd etc

i dont have winnit

new problem it says the procedure enrty piont smapsls ip ebp 12 could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel32.dll.

Yes, copy the commands out completely as originally posted but leaving the filename off the very end of the line so the command ends with c:\windows\system32 -

expand CD-ROM Drive Letter:\i386\config.nt_ c:\windows\system32

expand CD-ROM Drive Letter:\i386\autoexec.nt_ c:\windows\system32

expand CD-ROM Drive Letter:\i386\command.co_ c:\windows\system32

exit

What were you trying to do when you got the latest error? If it occurred when you tried to install the game again then you could try the solutions offered in this thread.

i have installed the game but when i click play game it says the procedure enrty point smapls_ip_ebp_12 could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel32.dll.

Right click the shortcut that launches your game and select properties, then on the compatibility tab check the box to 'run in compatibility mode for' and select Windows 95 from the drop box. You could also try it in compatibility mode for Windows 98 to see which gives better results.

You could also try running the Program Compatability Wizard which you will find under Start | All Programs | Accessories.

Let us know how you get on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back