Red Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.

I have a small but large problem. Basically, I cannot get a visual on my monitor from my video card when booting. The card is set in correctly and all cables are secure. There are no beep codes either. However, there are lights. On the side opposite my PCI slots by the RAM there is a solid green light which stays on even when the machine is off. However, on the videocaerd/hard drive side the light is red and blinks once when the machine starts. It then turns off a few seconds after (the light). I really need to get something on my monitor. Any help will be welcomed. From my small knowledge, this is a power problem but I don't even know where to begin to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

20thCenturyBoy said:
Hey guys.

I have a small but large problem. Basically, I cannot get a visual on my monitor from my video card when booting. The card is set in correctly and all cables are secure. There are no beep codes either. However, there are lights. On the side opposite my PCI slots by the RAM there is a solid green light which stays on even when the machine is off. However, on the videocaerd/hard drive side the light is red and blinks once when the machine starts. It then turns off a few seconds after (the light). I really need to get something on my monitor. Any help will be welcomed. From my small knowledge, this is a power problem but I don't even know where to begin to fix it.

Thanks in advance.
lol, this is EXACTLY the same problem I'm having with my computer (built by myself). I'm guessing, with my computer, that it's something funky with the cheap power supply that came with my $50 case.

What power supply are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back