Reference Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The instruction at "0x000000000" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

I have been struggling to resolve this issue since the begginnig of 2007 and after a system crash and change of harddisk THis is creeping again in my daily life. ow been a techhie nor good at resoving IT /PC issues I am seking some good help than heraing from folks having similar problems.

There was thread that ran 12 pages from 2004 till 2007 and rad through it but I didn'ts ee any definite solutions nor diagnosis of the problem. The MS websupport page is cautious about its hotfix pack.

All help iis deeply appreciated.

I hear taht this problem is same only occurs with different applications for ussers.

Cheers'n'thanks

This error message is misleading to non-programmers/engineers. It's simply a programming error.

I used to be a high tech engineer and know that error message all too well. When programming, we often use what are called "pointers". They are used to directly access memory. A "pointer" simply holds a memory address or location where a value is stored. When you reference the pointer, you read that memory address/location. When the programming gets intense and complex, we start manipulating the pointers rapidly, adding and subtracting values and offsets. Inevitably, we make a mistake and the result is the program attempts to access a location where where is no memory (invalid address.) Address 0x00000000 is called "NULL" in programming terms and nothing exists at NULL. In fact, when you make a mistake manipulating a pointer and the result would be a negative number, the Operating System lists it as NULL (0x00000000)

Some program on your comp has a bug in it. It's calculating a negative address or simply references NULL by mistake. You need to find out which program is causing this error.

Thanks Andy, I guess your solution sounds very reasonable compared tp all other posts i have seen. Question. is it something to do with IE7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back