Regedit currently in use, cant open task manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, thank you for reading this. my problem has been presented a couple of times before I think, and it is very, very similar to this one https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic69941.html I even had the same problem with my limewire before I deleted it.

basically, regedit keeps telling me that it is in use AND my task manager will not open with alt+ctrl+del or any other way.

also, I tried to use trend micros house call, and I saw various malware including a trojan. however, the program abruptly ends after 15-20 minutes and all my browsers closed. this happened twice and I said screw it, ill just post a thread. thank you in advance to whoever helps me fix this, its been troubling me for days.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    14.8 KB · Views: 7
have you followed all the instructions in this link. https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
msconfig.exe - Here is the scoop on Winur.A Worm as it pertains to computer network security. The big question: what is msconfig.exe and is it spyware, a trojan and if so, how do I get rid of Winur.A Worm?
msconfig.exe (Winur.A Worm) - Details

If a process named msconfig.exe is running on your computer, you may have been infected with a strain of the Winur.A worm.

msconfig.exe is considered to be a security risk, not only because antivirus programs flag Winur.A Worm as a virus, but also because a number of users have complained about its performance.

Winur.A Worm is likely a virus and as such, presents a serious vulnerability which should be fixed immediately! Delaying the removal of msconfig.exe may cause serious harm to your system and will likely cause a number of problems, such as slow performance, loss of data or leaking private information to websites.

You should visit our free spyware removal page to make sure your system does not have other programs like msconfig.exe.
MSCONFIG.EXE - Disclaimer

Every attempt has been made to provide you with the correct information for msconfig.exe or WINUR.A WORM. Many spyware/malware programs use filenames of usual, non-malware programs. If we have included information about msconfig.exe that is inaccurate, we would greatly appreciate your help by updating the spy bot database and we'll promptly correct it.

You should verify the accuracy of information we provided about msconfig.exe. Winur.A Worm may have had a status change since this page was published.
http://www.auditmypc.com/process/msconfig.asp

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

The msconfig.exe as tomrca points out may be a worm, the operative word here being MAY.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of shouldvesaidno only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back