Registry Cleaner and Defragmenter

Status
Not open for further replies.

greatman05

Hey, guys. What registry cleaner and/or registry defragmenter would you recommend as a safe, clean and rugged utility? I want something that works, and works VERY well. Um, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you indicate the program type as follows:

(1): Freeware
(2): Shareware/Trial/Try-before-you-buy
(3): MUST PAY FOR

my first computer was a windows 98 and the registry was a mess. this time i purchased reg-supreme for $13 because it was recommended by kaspersky. i don't know how long the license is good for. it doesn't say anywhere on the site. i haven't had any registry-related problems whatsoever, and i am somewhat a newbie. i can't recall whether there was a trial period or not. if there is, you have nothing to lose. Ed James

free:
CCleaner (registry cleaner)
Auslogics Disk Defrag (does a decent job)

paid: disk keeper pro (i can't remember the name, something like that)

Theres a tonne more if you trawl around download sites like www.download.com www.cnet.com etc.

I use Registry Repair Pro from 3B Software and it will repair and defragment your registry plus quite abit more without you needing to do anything more than push a button. Simple as cake!

JV16: Registry cleaner and file manager

CCleaner: Temp files and reg cleaner

Your uninstaller: To remove programs cleanly

diskeeper 2007: Defragger

Regcure is a very good program wid a simple interface...Works really effectively on my comp...Its not a freeware/shareware...Only scans for free...So u cud buy it or use the torrent network 2 get a cracked version!

Registry Mechanic is very good but it will cost you money. I was lucky enough to get a rare free trial of the full version and decided it was worth buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back