REINSTALLING NORTON, ON A FORMATED COMPUTER... please Read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have Norton interent security 2005 on my computer. the software CAME with my computer when i purchased it back in april. its an HP, 512 ram 80 gig hard drive. It has been running like CRAP lately, and im fed up with this nonsence... i really want to format it, but i just renewed norton for another 12 months, and i am afraid if i format, then i lose norton that i just paid 40 bucks for. How do i back up the program to reinstall quickly after the format has taken place? I have tried to put all the files on a CD it didnt work, i am aware that i need the installer, where do i get the installer? and if so, once i install, how will they know i have recently renewed my Internet security? Please get back to me on this, i am fed up with this computer and it needs a format more then anything right now.
Thanks,

-Ad :giddy:

as an alternet suggestion just get avg free and zone alarm free fire wall, i have both and it keeps me virous free

yes, i have both of those as well.... along with norton, i payed 40 bucks for norton its still good fr another 10 months

Norton is never good (unless it's the corporate version, which is apparently kinda ok) - I appreciate you paid 40 bucks for it, but you really are better off without it. I'm not just saying this to defame the software either - I really mean it, with good reasoning.

I know it's hard to accept that you might have just thrown 40 bucks away, but in all honesty, to re-install it after a format purely because you paid for it is like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I agree entirely with Spike.

Once you`ve reformated, don`t let Norton anywhere near your system.

Use the free AVG, and the Free Zonealarm firewall that you`ve already got.

You should see a performance boost to your system without Norton being installed.

I`m sorry that you`ve just paid $40, but believe me your system is better off without Norton, even if your pocket isn`t

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

he corporate antivrius is free, light, and easy to use and not a system hog. The home version is garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back