Remote access in XP help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does remote access work across the internet , and is it available in XP Home?

If so, how do I set it up?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks for your reply. That was my thinking, but there is a setup in XP Home to do this.

If anyone else has any other info, I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks

You can always get VNCViewer or something of that sort to allow you to take control of someone else's computer (after they have installed and setup the program), or someone can get into yours across the internet.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:
See ya around ;)

If you want to run VNC across the internet then keep in mind that VNC does not use encryption and is insecure. You should always tunnel VNC through SSH.

Remote Administrator from www.famatech.com is one of the solutions that uses encryption and is a better solution for internet connectivity.

Remote Access

Hi,

I am using Remote Access solution called "RemotePC". You can look it up onthe net. It is very easy and simple to use. It offers security and is very cost effective.It allows you to access your Internet enabled home or office computer from a remote computer with Internet access anywhere in the world and run applications and other programs, read emails, access your data files and even transfer files between your computer and the remote computer.
They have a free trial version, so you can test it and then buy it if it suits your needs.

Regards
James

Just use UltraVNC it is free and it is secure

UltraVNC is Free and has Encryption. see ultravnc.net for details.

Nodsu said:
If you want to run VNC across the internet then keep in mind that VNC does not use encryption and is insecure. You should always tunnel VNC through SSH.

Remote Administrator from is one of the solutions that uses encryption and is a better solution for internet connectivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back