Remote Desktop Blank Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluemouse

Hi,

I am having a problem logging into my Laptop Computer from Remote Desktop.

I set everything up, created a static IP, port forwarded and everything. However, when I try logging into my laptop remotely, I get a blank screen for a while, and then a "VBSCRIPT: REMOTE DESKTOP DISCONNECTED - An internal error has occurred" error.

Now, I am able to log in and enter my username and password, and then I get the blank screen. My laptop also logs itself out (to the login screen).

Could this be the error? Since I am connected over wireless, maybe it disconnects from the internet while I am at the login screen, making it so that I cannot connect to it anymore? Im rather stumped.

Thanks for the help. Cheers.

Just to add, I did try using logmein for a day before I set this up. Could it have replaced anything that causes the problem?

I also notice that my wireless disconnects when I log back in (after getting logged out by the remote user). Could it be that the internet disconnects when I log out?

Is there any way to make my laptop computer log itself back in or something when the connection drops?

Dude, chill.. bumping threads in under 24 hrs is considered bad habit..........

Have you checked your firewall settings let it through?
Try a system restore to the day before you installed that program..

maybe try posting in the Networking section of the forum, or asking a mod to move this thread there to get more coverage...

Sorry, didnt realize that bumping under 24 hours was bad :( My appologies.

My firewall settings should allow it through, since I have opened both 3389 and the port I specified under IIS. I have also port forwared these from my router. The problem isnt that I can't get to my login, its AFTER i enter the password that it gives me the blank screen/error.

System restore is not an option since I disabled it (virus security).

If a mod reads this, I wouldnt mind having this posted in the networking section (didnt even see a networking section actually).

Thanks

Ok, i'll try my best to help you out.

Setup a direct connection between your PC and the laptop via a wire ie ethernet>crossover cable>ethernet then see if you can log in. Troubleshoot by starting with the bare minimum setup (in your case a simple network) then start adding parts one by one if sucessfull

what client/app are you using? Windows Remote Desktop? or VNC etc?

since you suspect a program that has corrupted the connection between the two pcs and you cant system restore, try cleaning your registry with a reg cleaner and seek out what other changes that program made on both pcs. So in other words you'll have to try and make things the way they were before manualy

Can I just reinstall remote desktop again from my XP cd? (I dont own a crossover, so I guess I would have to buy one)

I am trying to use Windows RD because I dont want to have to install the software on all the computers to get it to work. Any ideas what Logmein changes?

Im not really sure what you mean by simple network, but I do know that it does not even work with a computer on my home network (wireless).

Thanks for the reply.

Logmein.. you mean this thing?

https://secure.logmein.com/

It looks like a web app that lets you access a pc over the internet or some sorts..

Simple network means a simple network, using just a basic network setup, using a wired connection by an ethernet cable directly to the other pc, not by wireless right now just for troubleshooting purposes

Crossover network cable enables two pcs to connect without a hub/switch, as opposed to a normal ethernet cable......

You can try reinstalling Windows RD but like i've said, i dont have much experience with it so i dont know how it works.. but no harm trying. I'm sure you know how to find it on the cd :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back