Remote Procedure Call error, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been recieving an error message for the past three days. Just out of nowhere I recieve it. I have gotten the error in the past, but only because I accidentally closed one of the svchost.exe's. But, the past few days it's been out of my control. The error is as follows :

"This system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log off, any unsaved changes will be lost. This shut down was initiated by NT Authority\System. Windows must now resart beacause the Remote Procedure Call service terminated unexpectedly."

And I have no idea why I get this error now. If anyone could please help I would appreciate it.

sys specs are :

Windows XP professional edition
512 MB DDRAM
MSI KT3 Ultra 2 mainboard
AMD Athlon 950mhz

please help.

hah, yeah. JUST after I posted that I browsed down, and low and behold I saw the one where he gave the link to hopefully fix the problem I have. Go figure.

LOL, if it were only as simple as that SNGX :D
I'm glad we could be of help wheelow. Enjoy your time spent here. I think you will find everyone very easy to get along with.

Thanks guys. Yeah, I did use the search feature, but I didn't really get many results even though I typed out Remote Procedure Call in the search field. I got other threads besides the one guys that was titled NT Authority\System..which is the one that I found RIGHT after I posted my thread. Oh well, I installed that patch, and things seem to be fine now *knocks on wood*. Anyways, thanks again for the help.

Hello everybody
I've got exactly the same problem, only my windows won't stay connected more than one minute before shutting down. I use linux for internet, with some difficulties also, I'm not a professional.
Microsoft updates want me to be connected with a windows system to deliver me the (a?) patch. So I cant'get that patch. Does someone know where I can download it with linux.
After I can save it, start again my windows and apply it (that's what I do hope)
Thanks a lot
marcel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back