Remove "3D Objects" and Other Shortcuts From Windows 10's File Explorer

Julio Franco

Staff member
Reactions: SantosElHalper

Forebode

Anyone whos had poor luck installing/setting up OneDrive/equivalent correctly.. should already know this stuff..

tipstir

But why didn't anyone where just create a script to run all these changes in one shot.

Julio Franco

Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
But why didn't anyone where just create a script to run all these changes in one shot.
I don't see anyone removing all shortcuts at once. Surely most are using at least the downloads or documents folder shortcuts, so the best way to accomplish this easily is by using the zip file that we provided.

Reactions: hahahanoobs

Nobina

Too bad you have to do these registry edits instead of having this as options in Windows. Messing with registry is gonna deter a lot of people.

Capaill

Too bad you have to do these registry edits instead of having this as options in Windows. Messing with registry is gonna deter a lot of people.
Unfortunately MS don't do options. That's why we need software like Open Shell to have a more mature UI, unlike the picturebook for 3-year-olds that MS forced on us from Win8 onwards. I remember the horror on first installing Win8 and realising their native apps (such as the pdf reader) could not be resized - you either chose minimised or full screen. I'd like to joke that 8 and 10 now refers to the age of their UI designers but I think a 10 year old might do a better job.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you! I found a way to do this in Windows 7 but it didn't work when I downgraded to Windows 10. I am an extremely happy customer!

In the Windows 10 64-bit zip file of .reg files, the line with the Wow6432Node registry key in "Enable 3D Objects Folder Win10 64.reg" did not include a UUID part. Was that an omission? The corresponding line in the Disable file did have a UUID.

Also it looks like "Disable Libraries Folder Win10 64.reg" should have "System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree"=dword:0 (instead of 1).